In response to the World Meteorological Organization, world temperatures are set to succeed in new records in the next five years. The Copernicus Programme additionally stories that multiple global heat records were broken in July 2023. At the moment, local weather change is an actual risk with disastrous penalties to companies.
Rising cybercrimes are one other important risk to companies, inflicting main monetary damages in varied kinds. The worldwide common cost of a data breach in 2023 was USD 4.45 million, a 15% enhance over three years.
Different real-world modifications—world well being crises, geopolitical upheavals and new technological discoveries—are additionally impacting companies, highlighting the necessity for an IT technique by which catastrophe restoration (DR) and DR safety aren’t an afterthought.
Go hybrid for catastrophe restoration (DR)
With a hybrid cloud technique, you possibly can deploy your workloads throughout a number of places—on-premises or in public or personal clouds—and never danger shedding all of them within the occasion of a catastrophe or an assault. You possibly can put your hybrid cloud technique into motion with IBM® Power® Virtual Server, that are digital IBM Energy servers which you can entry within the cloud. These servers allow you to duplicate your on-prem IBM Energy infrastructure setting within the cloud, permitting you to seamlessly transfer and handle your workloads throughout each environments.
However how precisely do IBM Energy Digital Server assist put DR and DR safety entrance and heart? To reply that query, we should think about one of many key use circumstances of IBM Energy Digital Server—enterprise continuity planning—which helps you retain your corporation operating with dependable failover options together with backup, excessive availability and DR. On this submit, we’ll give attention to how one can kick your corporation continuity plan into excessive gear with digital tape library methods in your IBM Energy Digital Server.
What are digital tape libraries and how will you use them on IBM Energy Digital Server?
Digital tape libraries (VTLs) are disk-based home equipment which can be designed to emulate conventional tape libraries. For customers (like many IBM Energy shoppers) who proceed to depend on bodily tape or digital tape for storage and backup however want to leverage IBM Energy Digital Server for DR and safety, VTLs generally is a recreation changer.
VTLs supply quite a few advantages for IBM Energy Digital Server environments:
- They assist automate backup and restoration processes to remove person disruption.
- They supply easy-to-scale options that begin at a terabyte and might scale to petabytes.
- They ship optimum efficiency for backups on-premises and in IBM Energy Digital Server environments.
To get began with VTLs on IBM Energy Digital Server, you don’t should look any additional than FalconStor StorSafe VTL, an built-in VTL resolution from IBM associate FalconStor—one of many main suppliers of VTL options available in the market.
StorSafe VTL is the one IBM-certified VTL resolution that gives information safety, cloud migration, DR, excessive availability and ransomware safety. To your workloads already on IBM Energy Digital Server, it will probably optimize backup by way of deduplication—considerably bettering efficiency and serving to scale back backup storage prices by 60%–90% (primarily based on IBM consumer information, precise outcomes could differ).
For workloads that you just want to migrate to the cloud out of your on-prem Energy setting, StorSafe VTL supplies dependable and safe information motion from on-premises to cloud and again.
FalconStor StorSafe VTL use circumstances
Let’s think about the 4 use circumstances FalconStor StorSafe VTL has for backing up and defending your mission-critical workloads:
- Migrate from on-premises to IBM Energy Digital Server: Simplify the migration of your on-premises workloads and legacy tapes to IBM Energy Digital Server with a non-disruptive and safe course of that may scale in keeping with the scale of your workloads.
- Arrange hybrid cloud backup: Leverage the cloud for long-term archival or catastrophe restoration with a secondary backup to IBM Energy Digital Server.
- Allow IBM Energy Digital Server resident backup: Guarantee cost-effective and dependable backups and restores for all of your IBM Energy Digital Server workloads.
- Improve IBM Energy Digital Server catastrophe restoration: Replicate your workloads in IBM Energy Digital Server to a different cloud location and benefit from the added safety of a secondary cloud location utilizing your present StorSafe VTL resolution.
FalconStor VTL may be bought by way of the IBM Cloud Catalog. With IBM Energy Digital Server and StorSafe VTL, start—or prolong—your hybrid cloud journey and expertise complete backup and restoration in your mission-critical methods.