Polygon Labs founder Sandeep Nailwal says Polygon’s (MATIC) upcoming improve will remodel its native asset right into a “third-generation token.”
The Polygon neighborhood is at present mulling a technical proposal that may improve the challenge’s native MATIC token and rename it to POL.
The proposal is a part of the community’s transition to Polygon 2.0, which goals to ascertain the challenge because the “worth layer of the web.”
Explains Nailwal on the social media platform X,
“POL delivers the advantages of multi-chain staking with out the added dangers of restaking. With the Polygon 2.0 proposal, the Polygon Ecosystem will broaden from a single chain to an ecosystem of L2s (layer-2s) that may simply interoperate and share liquidity with one another.”
Nailwal says customers will have the ability to re-stake the POL token to validate any variety of chains on the community, an enchancment he calls “enshrined staking.”
“POL is an innovation on restaking in two dimensions:
1) Enshrined restaking absolutely avoids reliance on trusted third events, creating fewer vectors of centralization
2) POL can be utilized for extra than simply securing chains; it could possibly additionally safe Agg (aggregation) layer, DACs (decentralized autonomous firms), and extra
POL is designed from the bottom as much as be the primary hyperproductive token — a 3rd technology in token design.
- Era 1: BTC (no approach for the holder to take part in securing the community)
- Era 2: ETH (holders can stake to safe the community)
- Era 3: POL (holders can safe a number of networks and might play a number of roles)”
POL and MATIC won’t co-exist if the proposed technical improve will get authorized and applied. MATIC holders can have their tokens upgraded at a 1:1 ratio.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Every day Hodl usually are not funding recommendation. Buyers ought to do their due diligence earlier than making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital property. Please be suggested that your transfers and trades are at your personal danger, and any loses you could incur are your duty. The Every day Hodl doesn’t advocate the shopping for or promoting of any cryptocurrencies or digital property, neither is The Every day Hodl an funding advisor. Please be aware that The Every day Hodl participates in affiliate marketing online.
Generated Picture: Midjourney